White River Caravan is the successor to Mount Caravans who have been serving the caravan and camping community for 60 years.
In the spring of 1955, Molly and Gordon Hoddinott opened the Mount Holiday Park at The Mount, Par, initially providing flatlets, caravans and camping pitches. It was soon realised that there was a demand for a caravan dealer in the county.
In the early 60’s Mount Caravans Ltd was registered and traded from new premises in St Blazey. From the outset, Mount Caravans set out to provide the complete package, with service and repair a priority.
The 70’s saw the company move the retail and repair shop to Holmbush, St Austell. The 90’s saw us move to larger premises on the Pentewan Road, London Apprentice.
Here we were the first AA approved and then independently approved workshop in the county and were recognised by The Explorer Group, The Swift Group and Fleetwood Caravans, as well as all the major component manufacturers as a repair centre.
Since 2010 the company downsized with two of the Hoddinott brothers retiring whilst Will and his wife Caroline continued to trade under White River Caravans.
Today you can be assured of the same highly committed service, come and see us and join our every growing family of happy customers